- The VACOcast diabetic is best choice for offloading forefoot and midfoot ulcers.
- Molds to the foot and offloads like a Total Contact Cast.
- Diabetic Foot Syndrome
- Ulcerations on the foot
- Post-operative care after toe and forefoot amputations
- Diabetic neuro-osteoarthropathy
- DNOAP and Charcot foot
What makes the VACOcast “Diabetic”?
- Additional beads for more comprehensive offloading
- Low-friction wicking synthetic velour liner is more gentle
- Toe cover to prevent debris from entering the boot
- Foam foot bed layer for added shock absorption
- Bead-filled vacuum insert
- Molds to the foot like plaster
- Solidifies under vacuum
- Forms an offloading mold of the foot
- Re-molds for each fitting
Advantages at a Glance
- Excellent pressure distribution due to vacuum technology
- Successful wound healing due to excellent pressure relief
- Possibility of lockable clasp for a better compliance control
- Easy wound inspection simplifies treatment
- Rocker sole for good pressure distribution, safe and physiological gait
- Removable sole for better hygiene
- Toe cover for protection and hygiene
- Additional foam insole for better shock absorption
- Changeable and washable liners for hygiene and comfort
- Cast stable. Replaces cast and walker (All-in-One Product)
- Adaptable. 3 sizes only (saves storage space)
If you have any questions about sizing please don't hesitate to contact us at supportopedmedicalcom for assistance. If you are in between sizes we generally recommend that you choose the smaller size. If you have a very large calf you may require additional accessories to accommodate (Liner Extension and Extra Long Strap).